Faculty Positions Announcement: “Carbon Sequestration and Lifecycle Extension of Wood Materials ” area and “Carbon Sink and Investigation and Assessment of Forest Resources” area
Faculty Positions Announcement
The School of Forestry and Resource Conservation, National Taiwan University, currently has an opening in each of the following areas:
1. Carbon Sequestration and Lifecycle Extension of Wood Materials
2. Carbon Sink and Investigation and Assessment of Forest Resources
Position Type: Full-time professor, associate professor or assistant professor to begin on August 1, 2024.
A Ph.D. in one of the areas mentioned above or related disciplines is required, preferably with teaching or postdoctoral experiences.
Qualified applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter and curriculum vitae specifying the research focus and the rank applied (i.e., professor, associate professor, or assistant professor).
2. The Ph.D. diploma (photocopy).
3. Applicants for the assistant professor position must submit official academic transcripts from graduate school. If the school attended does not have course requirements, please provide a letter of explanation signed by the applicant’s advisor.
4. A list of publications and five copies of each peer-reviewed original research journal article published after August 1, 2017. Applicants for the assistant professor position must also submit five copies of the Ph.D. dissertation. Please designate one publication from the above list as the representative paper. This representative paper must be published after August 1, 2019, in an indexed SCI (or SSCI, A&HCI) journal, with the applicant as the first or corresponding author. The selected representative paper must be published in hard copy or electronic form with specific volume and page numbers. Should there be one or more co-authors with the representative paper, the applicant must submit a consent form signed by all co-authors.
5. A summary of research accomplishments and future research objectives.
6. A teaching proposal. The teaching proposal should include a minimum of one course syllabus selected from the following list of courses:
a. Carbon Sequestration and Lifecycle Extension of Wood Materials: Forest Products, Introduction to Forest Biomaterials, Carbon Sequestration of Wood Materials, Wood Preservatives, Wood Coatings, and Coating Technology.
b. Carbon Sink and Investigation and Assessment of Forest Resources: Statistics, Forest Mensuration, Applied Linear Mixed-Effects Modeling, Forest Sampling Methods, Forest Management Quantitative Analysis, Advance Topics in Forest Sampling.
7. Two letters of reference (email acceptable).
Please mail the required documents in hard copy to the address below. The submitted documents must be received by October 31, 2023.
Tzung-Su Ding, Chair
School of Forestry and Resource Conservation
National Taiwan University
No. 1, Section 4, Roosevelt Road
As the leading university in Taiwan, the National Taiwan University respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity.
國立臺灣大學教師資格審查代表作合著人證明 (Chinese Version, For Reference Only)