Teacher Review Committee
1. This committee is founded according to Article 8 Clause 1 in The Foundation Principles of Teacher Review Committee of NTU.
2. This committee should consist of 11 members. Only fulltime professors and fulltime associate professors (excluding those who are on leave for more than half a year in this semester) can serve as the members of this council. The chairperson of this department is the obligatory member. Seven members should be fulltime professors, and 3 members should be fulltime associate professors.
3. The duty of this committee include the examination and review of the following: recruit of teachers, recruiting spans, promotions, contract renewals, contract suspense, contract termination, contract extension of professors and associate professors, professors’ sabbatical leave, and some others.
4. The following examinations should be conducted by members of the same or higher professor rank: the recruit of teachers, contract renewals, contract suspense, contract termination, contract extension of professors and associate professors, and professors’ sabbatical leave
5. Teacher’s promotion should be reviewed by members of higher professor rank.
6. Resolutions of the council are not valid unless more than two-thirds of the members attend the meeting and more than half of the attendants approve of the resolution. But the following resolution should be approved by more than half of all the committee members: contract renewals, contract suspense, and contract termination.
7. In terms of interest conflict, avoidance of the committee members involved per se is required in the meeting.